Monday, September 29, 2008

Love Hate Relationship

I now have a love hate relationship with wire and beads.

Back about a year and a half ago I was at the craft store, and thought it was suddenly a good idea to buy beads and make a bracelet and earrings. The earrings were a breeze, at the beads were super easy to string, but I've been putting off trying to figure out the clasps, with no success. I finally figured out (thanks to Google, and YouTube) the supplies I needed to finally complete it. I made a trip to the craft store again, and collected the three things, and have been looking at the stuff since this past weekend. I decided today that it had been long enough. I worked for 1 hour tonight trying to get the crimping beads on, and after giving myself a headache, I finally finished it. Here it is.



I am happy with the finished product, but needless to say, I will not be going into the jewelry making business. At least not for now.

I decided to finally collect all of Baby E's afghans in one place, and take a picture of them.

From bottom left corner, clockwise, here they are: pink brick stitch - made by my grandmother, a white one - made by my friend, another pink brick fuzzy monster that is kinda icky - made by me, a white Exquisite - made by me, a purple don't remember the pattern name - made by me, a yellow brick made by me, (in her lap) a peach brick - made by my mom, and last, a lavender can't remember the pattern - made by me. Think she has enough? Yeah, me neither!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an artist.
Congratulations!

Krissa said...

The baby is adorable and I love her afghans! I'd love to be able to do something like that, but I don't think I have the time or patience. They just opened up a bead store about a mile from my house, and I was thinking I might like to try it. Maybe you could give me some tips! I didn't use a pattern for Bella's pumpkin costume, I just bought 2 yards of fabric and cut out a big circle.. then I sewed it all together..believe me, if I can do it, ANYONE can!! I love your blog!