Monday, September 22, 2008

Baby it's cool outside

We woke up to a chilly day yesterday, which prompted me to dig though my daughter's closet for a non-summer like church dress. I saw a sweater I'd crocheted for her while I was still pregnant, and decided that yesterday was the day to attempt it again.

While I was making it, I thought it would be the appropriate size for a newborn. Boy was I wrong! This is why you're supposed to make the swatch to check your gauge. Oh yeah! Oops. I put the sweater on her back when she was a tiny little thing, and the sleeves were about 2 inches too long, so back in the closet it went.

Yesterday, though, brought different results. The sweater fit perfectly, and she is precious in it! There is also a matching hat that fits perfectly as well.




I love love love this sweater. It is made of Bernat Cashmere - my child dresses nicer than me!

I can't find the yarn on Bernat's site any more, or else I'd provide you with more detail. I have a little of it left over, so Baby E may get some matching mittens this winter!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh...my....goodness! HOW CUTE! Really, that's the sweetest little sweater EVER. She is just precious in it!

Brandi Parshley said...

Wow! She is so cute! That sweater is absolutely adorable! You should go into business!

Yamma Mamma said...

Thanks Brandi and Mandy! Brandi, I'm actually considering opening an Etsy shop, so customers can buy things online. I'm not sure if/when I'll do that, so until then, prospective clients can just email me with orders. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

You need to open an Etsy shop or something. You are incredibly talented, and that sweater and hat are absolutely adorable. Take care!