Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Past projects

Hello to all! I've been busy busy working on some projects. Here they are:
A pink brick stitch:

Baby E can finally fit into her ballet slippers. Not that she'll keep them on, but they're cute while they last!


Now, a look back at my crochet past. I used to work in a call center, and to help pass the time, I would crochet. My boss didn't mind, and it took off from there. Work is where I actually sold my first afghan. I had never really thought about trying to sell anything before, then one day, a security guard asked if I sold the things I made. She would see me carrying in different projects, and loved to look at my work. She asked if I'd make a pink afghan (like the one above) for her little girl, so I did. Afterward, she wanted one for her son too. Her husband said no, fearing it would look to babyish. She told me her son was a huge Carolina Panthers fan, so off I went to Michael's. I created him an afghan, and they loved it, dad and all. I liked it so much, I made my then-boyfriend one. I never actually gave it to him though, but I figured it was ok, because we got married, and he got it anyway :) Here is 'our' Panthers afghan.
While buying yarn for another project one time, I found this yarn - I believe it's Red Heart plush, and I don't even know if it is sold any more. I started crocheting, and didn't realize how big the afghan was. It is big enough to cover a queen size bed.
I also found this pattern in one of mom's pattern books, and thought I've give it a try. Love it too!
I'm now off to work on a white granny square afghan I've been working on this week. It's to give to a baby boy. I've also been looking around to see if I can find a cute pattern for a pink and green afghan someone has requested. I'll let you know what I find!

No comments: