Monday, August 11, 2008

Business card anyone?

I found this cute business card holder online, so of course, I had to try it. I plan to stamp my own cards, that way, they're personal, and don't all have to be the same! I'll show you some when I get around to that...

Here's the holder, with my own adjustments. The pattern works well, but I tweaked it to suit my needs.



I've had a request to try and figure out a baby cocoon. I'm well on my way to completing my first one on the Knifty Knitter. I'm making up the pattern based on pictures I've found. It's a tiny one, which will eventually be donated to a local hospital for a little baby. Sadly enough, it's a need far too often.

If you like to crochet or knit, please consider doing it for a hospital. There are tons of free patterns online for hats, booties, blankets, socks, layettes etc. Baby items in all sizes are needed - just contact your local hospital to find out what they need most. The items are so tiny they don't seem to take much time, or yarn, at all.

Happily enough, the cocoons are easily made in different sizes, whether they're for a tiny preemie, or a newborn's first photo. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I finish it.

I also need to get a pink brick stick afghan made ASAP, so I'm dropping everything to work on that. It goes very quickly when I sit down as work on it. I got quite a bit done while watching the Olympics last night.

Happy Monday to you!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

How clever! I just may have to have you make one of those for my business cards!! In a lime green....of COURSE.

Susan said...

beautiful pink brick stitch!
I have never crocheted the brick stitch. makes a lovely blanket!
adorable baby too! my baby is all
grown up!