Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Snuggle up!

I made this afghan to match my new niece's nursery. Her mommy chose the pattern and the yarn, and I think it turned out nicely. The afghan is so soft and the pattern is appropriately named Snuggle Up. Without further ado...


This is the tag I made for it. I cut it on the Cricut, and the body of the butterfly is raised on pop-dots to make it 3-D. Washing instructions are on the back of the butterfly's wing.

I also made a matching card, kinds inspired by one I saw at Target. It is kinda hard to see in the picture, because I had already put the card in a transparent purple envelope (which accounts for the line down the right side of the card). This one is also 3-D. It's very simple, but I didn't have a lot of time.

I love the Cricut, and the fact that I can make many cute 'themed' tags. I look forward to playing around with the back of the tag, is order to stamp my name on it.
I've also been working on my daughter's crocheted dress, and it's quite cute. I should have it finished shortly, if I can just make myself sit down and do it.

No comments: